Water is one of the most vital requirements for the sustenance of life. At the same time, it is important that the water we drink is safe, healthy, and nutritious for us. Groundwater used to be the go-to when surface water was running low, but we are seeing an exponential shift in the preference of health experts from groundwater to water from the air. Let us look at why this is and the amazing hope for the future that innovation has made possible.
How Safe Is Your Groundwater?
Though it takes longer for groundwater to become contaminated than surface water, it has been proven that it is being be contaminated by disease-producing pathogens, careless disposal of hazardous household products, leachate from septic systems, and leaking underground storage tanks. Groundwater may contain the following four major groups of contaminants:
- Microbial Pathogens: Pathogens seep into drinking water when the groundwater is contaminated by sewage and improperly sealed wells causing severe health risks such as gastroenteritis, salmonella infection, and hepatitis to name just a few.
- Organics: This group includes pesticides, insecticides, and others that could lead to cancer and disorders of the central nervous system.
- Inorganics: Contaminants such as arsenic, barium, lead, and mercury, which can cause acute poisoning and other health issues.
- Radioactive Elements: Contamination by Radon, the result of uranium in soil and rocks can lead to health hazards.
Air Generation Trumps Groundwater
According to the World Health Organization, waterborne diseases cause about 1.5 million human deaths annually. To address this concern, in 2019, Members of the UN collaborated with the intervention of WASH scientists to leverage the potential of atmospheric water harvesting technology in delivering clean water to every household in the world. In what ways is air generation of water much better than groundwater?
- Freedom from bacteria: The purification processes of water from air saves individuals from diseases such as typhoid, diarrhea, cholera caused due to contaminated water.
- Freedom from contaminants: The process of extracting water from air ensures that critical contaminants found in groundwater such as chlorine and chloramines, pharmaceuticals, and a host of other synthetic chemicals are not present.
- Freedom from both organic and inorganic contaminants: The process of multi-filtration ultimately eliminates all hazardous elements and heavy metals.
- Freedom from uncertainty and concerns: The constant misuse of the environment raises concerns even over bottled water. Having your own air-water generation equipment frees you from such concerns.
“You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created,” said Albert Einstein. That is absolutely true! We need to rise above ground level and look at new possibilities. At Aeronero, we wanted to do just that. We recognized the potential of water from the air and our team has made it possible to bring that technology into homes, schools, offices, and to the public. We are riding the wave of hope into the future where water is safe, plentiful, and available to all. Come ride that wave with us.